Friday, March 11, 2011

Artistic Outlet

    I've always considered myself an artistic person. I even considered going to collage to be an art teacher. I picked up photography as an artistic medium, but as an adult I still felt I had lost part of my artistic side or it was at least hidden. When I got pregnant with my son I was excited about decorating 'lil B's room. I had a blast painting dinosaurs and getting it just how I wanted it before he was born. My mom and I made a floating scrapbook wall that I loved!

    When I found out I was pregnant with a little girl I started searching for fabric to set the stage of her room. I wanted to make it super girly with a lot of color, mostly purple since that is my favorite color and since Miss A was due in February (which gives her the birthstone Amethyst!) I found a beautiful multi colored fabric with butterflies on it! If I was 6-7years old it would be my dream room. Once her room was how I planned it in my mind, I knew it was missing something! I wanted to do some type of photo collage wall in her room since I did something kind of like that in my 'lil B's room.

    I went to the store to pick out frames the only thing I could find to fit in were simple white frames, I was disappointed. I looked online looled in boutiques and local stores for frames that were perfect for her room, but I had no luck what so ever!!

    Many companies offer "chipboard" frames for scrapbooking and I happen to have some of them and I thought why can't these be actual frames!! I decided my hubby was going to make them for me whether he liked it or not! I doodled for awhile and came up with a ton of designs that I thought would look great as colorful frames on her wall.  I showed my husband and he was a lot more excited than I thought he would be, he had bigger plans for my unique frames!

(L-R 11x14 Calla Lilly (Rose), 8x10 Iris (Fluorite), 5x7 Lilac (Olivine), & 8x10 Orchid (Morganite) )


     Anyone that knows me could probably tell you how excited I am about JasperLilly, it not only made Miss A's room completely adorable, but I also used it as a artistic outlet as well. We've put a lot of work into perfecting a few of my original designs (more coming soon) some very detailed and others a little more simple. JasperLilly Designs isn't huge yet but it is what it is because of my determination to make Miss A's room more than just a normal babies bedroom and my husbands non-stop hard work on the business side of things!  Thank you for everyone that loves these frames there truly is something for everyone and every room!

~Leslie

Make sure to check out our giveaway that's going on! (details on our previous blog post)

1 comment:

Babes Mami said...

I'm glad you put this here!